Count on SimpliVerified when your company needs to conduct drug testing in line with the Department of Transportation’s drug screening rules and procedures. The DOT drug testing is essentially similar to a standard 5-panel laboratory screening except that urine samples should be used.
The DOT-mandated drug screening is applicable to employees whose jobs are to ensure the safety of their own, other workers, and the traveling public. Examples of these individuals in “safety-sensitive” positions include the following:
- Flight crews and attendants as well as ground crews and aircraft dispatchers
- Commercial motor vehicle drivers as well as drivers transporting hazardous materials
- Operators of commercial vessels
- Maintenance crews, operators, and emergency response workers in the pipeline and hazardous materials safety industry
- Train and engine workers as well as train dispatchers and signal service workers
Our DOT drug screening service includes the following procedures:
- The collection and transport of samples to one of our over 4000 testing locations across the US,
- Enzyme-Multiplied Immunoassay Technique (EMIT) analysis,
- GC/MS confirmation by a SAMHSA-certified laboratory for samples that initially gives a positive result, and
- A test review by a Medical Review Officer.
This drug screening procedure checks for the following substances:
- Amphetamines including Methamphetamine
- Cocaine Metabolites
- Marijuana Metabolites
- Opiates including Codeine, Morphine, and Heroin
- Phencyclidine (“PCP”)
Get in touch with us to learn more about the DOT-mandated drug screening today.
Schedule an Appointment
Our screening specialists are skilled in finding the best services to suit your needs. We would really love the opportunity to schedule a time to talk with you about your company and screening needs.