Companies in the healthcare industry are advised against using in-house collectors and laboratories in conducting medical professional drug testing on their employees to reduce exposure to liabilities related to breach of confidentiality, conflict of interests and related issues. A third-party administrator, such as SimpliVerified, is highly recommended for establishments wanting to ensure that their medical professionals are free from the influence of alcohol and drugs.
Healthcare professionals shouldn’t have substance abuse problems considering that they have easy access to a variety of prescription drugs and most importantly, they have to make critical decisions with regards to other people’s well-being and health.
Among the establishments needed to conduct medical professional drug screening are:
- Medical staffing and/or visiting nurse agencies
- Animal hospitals and veterinary clinics
- Nursing homes and long-term care facilities
- Physician groups
- Nursing schools
Our medical professional laboratory testing includes the collection of the sample, transport to the laboratory, EMIT analysis, GC/MS confirmation by a SAMHSA-certified laboratory and a test review by a Medical Review Officer, if required.
This drug testing panel is designed to check healthcare professionals as well as allied health students for the presence of easily abused prescription medications or their metabolites using a urine sample. More specifically, this healthcare professional drug panel tests for the following substances:
- Amphetamines including Methamphetamine
- Barbiturates such as Mephobarbital (Mebaral) and Pentobarbital Sodium (Nembutal)
- Benzodiazepines such as Diazepam (Valium), Alprazolam (Xanax), and Estazolam (ProSom)
- Cocaine Metabolites
- Marijuana Metabolites
- Meperidine and/or Metabolites such as Demerol
- Opiates including Codeine, Morphine, Heroin, Hydromorphone (Dilaudid), and Hydrocodone (Vicodin)
- Oxycodone including OxyContin, Percodan, and Percocet
- Phencyclidine (PCP)
- Propoxyphene such as Darvon
- Tramadol and/or Metabolites such as Ultram
- Fentanyl such as Actiq, Duragesic, and Sublimaze
You can also opt for an expanded panel testing to include the detection of additional substances including alcohol, antidepressants and a variety of narcotics.
Contact us today to learn more.
Schedule an Appointment
Our screening specialists are skilled in finding the best services to suit your needs. We would really love the opportunity to schedule a time to talk with you about your company and screening needs.