SimpliVerified recommends Employment Verifications when it comes to screening and hiring new employees. In this search, the applicants’ previous employers are contacted to verify the information provided in their employment application. This search can offer insights into the applicants’ employment history and experiences, such as:
- Reasons for leaving or termination from previous employers;
- Job performance;
- Professional conduct;
- Employment duration;
- Pay or wage level, if possible;
- Disciplinary actions incurred; and
- Other employment-related information.
Advantages of conducting Employment Verification include:
- Validating the applicant’s disclosure of past titles, responsibilities and achievements;
- Confirming whether applicants have the sufficient work experience and skills to qualify for the job position;
- Detecting applicants fabricating their job titles;
- Revealing gaps in employment;
- Reducing the chance of hiring applicants with false employment claims; and
- Saves time and money on unplanned trainings caused by new hires who are not ready or qualified for the tasks;
Companies should hire background screening specialists to handle employment verifications for the following reason:
- Gives internal HR teams more resources to focus on the more essential tasks;
- Fast turn-around time of verification reports, and thus, able to hire qualified applicants more quickly; and
- Avoiding violation of state laws due to lack of knowledge on what’s considered legally authorized when requesting employment history information.
Entrust your employment verification and other background screening checks to SimpliVerified today.
Schedule an Appointment
Our screening specialists are skilled in finding the best services to suit your needs. We would really love the opportunity to schedule a time to talk with you about your company and screening needs.