SimpliVerified conducts Federal Criminal Records search as part of its employment screening service. This search looks into the criminal cases heard in 94 federal courts across the United States and includes the hundreds of millions of criminal records from almost 49 states in the U.S., and Washington, DC, Guam, and Puerto Rico. The search can either be done with nationwide coverage or only with select districts.
Federal cases generally involve violations of federal criminal law, or crimes that occurred on federal property. Federal crimes include:
- aircraft and/or car hijacking,
- animal cruelty,
- arms violations,
- art theft from a museum,
- assassination or attempted assassination of the U.S. President or Vice President,
- bank robbery,
- child pornography,
- computer crimes,
- damaging or destroying public mailboxes,
- Espionage Act violations,
- fraud (credit card, electoral, mail or wire)
- federal hate crimes,
- Federal Racketeer Influenced and Corrupt Organizations Act (RICO) violations,
- identity theft,
- illegal wiretapping,
- immigration law violations and offenses,
- interstate drug trafficking,
- Patriot Act violations,
- postal offenses, and
- tax evasion.
Aside from the reasons for compliance with state, federal and international regulations, doing this type of criminal search is essential for companies and industries with high risks of experiencing the federal crimes mentioned above.
SimpliVerified is a trusted background screening company with accreditation from the well-established Professional Background Screening Association.
Schedule an Appointment
Our screening specialists are skilled in finding the best services to suit your needs. We would really love the opportunity to schedule a time to talk with you about your company and screening needs.