SimpliVerified carries out Sex Offender Registry Search to help your business identify job candidates who have been convicted of a sexual offense. This can be done with a nationwide scope or only in a single state.
Not all companies require a sex offender background check, but it’s an important step for the following:
- Businesses catering to children and families e.g. daycare and family-themed restaurants
- Healthcare operations involving direct contact with patients and their families
- Job positions in the company’s legal, human resource, finance or communication departments.
- Job assignments involving working closely with others
- Tasks that don’t involve direct supervision
- Managerial or coaching positions
Businesses and nonprofit organizations should also consider screening their volunteers to ensure safety in the workplace and protection against liabilities.
Although sex offender registries are publicly accessible, it’s important that you delegate the search to experts such as SimpliVerified because:
- A DIY single-state search doesn’t reveal offenses in other states;
- Waste of valuable business resources if you’ll attempt a DIY search in registries of all 50 states;
- A DIY registry check may reveal no sexual offense, but the candidate may have other criminal offenses that are revealed when other background checks are done; and
- Potential risks of facing lawsuits related to falsely flagging a job candidate due to name similarities and related problems.
You can trust SimpliVerified to conduct fast, comprehensive and accurate background check results. We’re proud to obtain PBSA accreditation, which only 2% of screening companies can only achieve.
Schedule an Appointment
Our screening specialists are skilled in finding the best services to suit your needs. We would really love the opportunity to schedule a time to talk with you about your company and screening needs.