Searching through the Office of the Inspector General (OIG) sanctions list allows you to discover whether or not the individuals and entities in question are excluded from Medicaid, Medicare and all federal healthcare programs. This background check database is a critical search procedure for any medical establishment and healthcare organization in ensuring the protection of their operations, patients and staff.
More specifically, the OIG database allows for the discovery of whether the healthcare candidate is part of the exclusion list for any of the following reasons:
- Fraud convictions related to healthcare programs like Medicaid and Medicare
- Neglect or abuse of patients under their care
- Licensing board action
- Default on health education assistance loans
- Felonies on their record related to illegal manufacturing, prescribing, distributing or dispensing of controlled drugs
- Felony records related to theft in the healthcare field
In order to protect funds and ensure compliance, many healthcare organizations opt to retrieve updated OIG reports on a yearly or twice-a-year basis.
Conducting an OIG sanctions check will save your organization from costly penalties due to non-compliance and help mitigate risks related to negligent hiring. It will also keep your organization eligible for Medicaid, Medicare, and other federal programs.
Partner with SimpliVerified today for the OIG sanctions check and other background screening solutions your organization requires.
Schedule an Appointment
Our screening specialists are skilled in finding the best services to suit your needs. We would really love the opportunity to schedule a time to talk with you about your company and screening needs.