SimpliVerified conducts Global Security Watchlist search as part of its tenant screening service. This search looks into 45 different national and international law enforcement agencies so that you will know whether or not your potential tenants are mentioned in the terrorist watch lists, narcotics trafficking lists, and global sanctions lists, among others.
This tenant background check procedure is important for the following reasons:
- Reduces risks on the living environment;
- Eliminates the risk of violence and crimes on the property;
- Protects assets, staff, and tenants;
- Protects your rental properties and their reputation, and
- Prevents lawsuits related to violations of applicable Fair Housing laws.
The Global Security Watchlist search looks into various sources including
- State Department
- Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI)
- Homeland Security
- Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC)
- U.S. Bureau of Industry and Security
- Central Intelligence Agency (CIA)
- International Police (Interpol)
- European Union Terrorism Sanctions List
- Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE)
- United Nations Consolidated Sanctions List
- And many others
Understand though that this part of the tenant background screening is not an international search. The Global Security Watchlist basically doesn’t scour through the investigative news sources and criminal courts in other countries.
To help you further understand your options on the Global Security Watchlist search and their benefits to you as a landlord or property manager, get in touch with us today.