A motor vehicle record (MVR) verification doesn’t just ensure that the applicant’s driving license is valid but also provides insights on any conviction for driving under the influence (DUI). Relying on court records alone is not enough in ensuring that an applicant will be a good recruit because DUI convictions are not often listed in the criminal court records of some states.
The details included in MVR background checks include:
- License type
- License class e.g. operator, commercial driver
- Expiration date
- Endorsements (if applicable)
- Moving violations or tickets
- Suspensions or revocations
MVR checks are important when screening applicants, volunteers, contractors, and employees who’ll be driving a vehicle, chauffeuring, entertaining clients or operating machinery.
The importance of this verification shouldn’t be underestimated. Here are some reasons to conduct MVR checks on your applicants:
- Ensuring qualified candidates have safe driving records
- Protecting assets, employees, and clients
- Maintaining safety protocols
- Reducing public safety risks
- Maintaining company’s reputation and community trust
- Reducing exposure to liability claims
- Keeping insurance premiums as low as possible
The following information is required in conducting the MVR verification:
- The applicant’s name as it appears on the license
- The state where the license is held
- License number
Get in touch with us today for your MVR checks and other background screening solutions.
Schedule an Appointment
Our screening specialists are skilled in finding the best services to suit your needs. We would really love the opportunity to schedule a time to talk with you about your company and screening needs.