An address verification or residence history search makes your background screening more comprehensive and accurate. It’s a valuable procedure that complements your criminal record search by identifying additional jurisdictions that have to be included in the background checks for job applicants, employees, volunteers, and tenants, among others.
Candidates may write down their current and previous residential addresses on the resume or application forms, but this may not be all of their previous addresses within a span of seven years. Residence verification basically validates the address information that has already been obtained or provided by the candidate. But more importantly, the verification process also reveals additional addresses and names or aliases that should be further checked for possible records of criminal activity or history.
A comprehensive verification of addresses is conducted through a variety of sources, such as the following:
- Postal change of address requests
- Credit report information
- SSN verifications
Other benefits of address history search include:
- Protecting your company’s assets and sensitive data against people who are not who they say they are;
- Maintaining a team of employees with good character and morals by being wary of candidates who are not honest with their information;
- Reduce the risk of exposure to negligent hiring claims.
Contact us today to learn more about our residence verification process and other background screening solutions.
Schedule an Appointment
Our screening specialists are skilled in finding the best services to suit your needs. We would really love the opportunity to schedule a time to talk with you about your company and screening needs.