The Workers’ Compensation Report provides information on the history of the candidates’ work-related injuries as reported by their previous employers.
The amount of information provided in the report generally varies by state. These may include the following:
- Nature of injuries
- Date(s) of claims
- State authority’s decision on the claim e.g. denied or upheld
The benefits of conducting this type of verification and background screening include:
- Identification of individuals who habitually files work-related injuries, a typical indication that they’re making a living off of Worker’s Compensation claims;
- Identification of candidates who habitually apply for positions requiring physical exertion despite being aware of their physical limitations that make them susceptible to injuries;
- Identification of individuals with a history of fraudulent Workers’ Compensation claims;
- Identification of individuals who might pose a safety threat to the company and the employees;
- Reduction of costs on workers compensation insurance, a mandatory insurance for employers, by ensuring employees are capable of performing the job especially the physical and manual ones; and
- Well-informed evaluation of the candidates’ effectiveness and productivity based on their employment history.
The information needed to run the Workers’ Compensation Report search includes:
- The candidate’s name
- Social security number
- Date of birth
Contact us today and be our partner for your verification and background screening needs.
Schedule an Appointment
Our screening specialists are skilled in finding the best services to suit your needs. We would really love the opportunity to schedule a time to talk with you about your company and screening needs.