Simpliverified is a consumer reporting and background check agency that is fully equipped with background checking and screening services because of their best sources and technology used. No wonder they have become PBSA accredited.
PBSA or Professional Background Screening Association is a national accreditation wherein a US consumer reporting agency has been nationally recognized for its excellence. PSBA is a non-profit trade association and has a mission to advance excellence in the screening process. Like other recognition, an entity also needs to apply and has complied with some rules like Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA).
There are a total of 3,000 PSBA members but only about 125 were accredited. Because of its rigorous surveillance audit, the first 3 to 5 years are all about confirming if they are maintaining their commitment to the high industry standards associated with accreditation. This involves a desk audit as well as submission of supporting materials by the screening company. This is also the reason why only 12% were only accredited.
There are strict criteria and requirements lists to be accredited by PBSA. Here are the lists why hire an employment background screening company with PBSA accreditation:
- Information Security – they have adhered to data security policy, store and back up data, and control the access to sensitive information.
- Legal and Compliance – they have complied with the FCRA and state reporting laws like requirements for disclosure and authorization, adverse actions, and use of database criminal records.
- Client Education – they have communicated well the background check results and guides clients in ordering, retrieving, and understanding consumer report information.
- Researcher and data standards – they have researched and reported individual background data including actions by public record researchers.
- Verification services standards – they have delivered accuracy through verified background information including providing clients with access to all documented verification attempts.
- Business practices – they have complied with the internal policies and practices of screening to hire and train employees, comply with changing laws and manage vendors responsibly.
The following are the advantages of a PSBA accredited screening agency:
- Compliance Guidance and Support – they can give you access to timely updated and practical guidance to help you maintain compliance as your hiring process undergoes.
- Data Security and Protection – you are assured that your information and any data given are encrypted and well protected. Data is a precious asset and so is for any PSBA accredited background check agency.
- Support you Screening Program Improvement – PBSA accredited employment background screening agencies offer regular program audits and quarterly reviews that can help you take advantage of opportunities to increase automation and address potential compliance gaps. They provide education standards, resources, and best practices.
- Thorough Research and Verification – PBSA accredited agencies follow FCRA requirements to get the most accurate and up-to-date sources of information in background check results. This includes checking primary sources and verifying from third-party databases and lists.
- Commitment to Screening Goals – they recognize the importance of offering background screening services to meet expectations to timelines, quality, and support of the candidate experience.
For Fast, Simple, Accurate Screening Solutions contact Simpliverified at (855) 837-1328 or email. Sales@simpliverified.com