When it comes to your tenant screening needs, you can count on SimpliVerified to deliver accurate and comprehensive statewide criminal searches in a timely manner. The company is proudly accredited by the Professional Background Screening Association, and thus, upholds compliance, transparency, and constant improvement.
A statewide criminal search casts a wider net for your standard tenant background check procedure to ensure that every state where the rental applicants have previously lived is covered in SimpliVerified’s tenant scorecard. This search involves looking into the police, law enforcement, and state court records in the applicable states. Since you can’t deny an applicant simply because of criminal history, this statewide criminal search helps you understand the individual’s case and its judgment, allowing you to make a reasonable decision should you need to decline the application.
In essence, a statewide criminal search is important in tenant background screening procedures for the following reasons:
- Prevent potential violations of Fair Housing laws applicable on your state;
- Eliminate the possibility of violence and criminal activities on your properties;
- Ensure a high-quality living environment for tenants;
- Identify red flags when it comes to applicants’ reliability to fulfill financial obligations; and
- Avoid the possibility of processing evictions, which are time-consuming and extremely costly.